December is Sugar Plum Awareness Month. In the meantime, here are some sugar plum facts:
- Sugar plums are the most popular of all the flavored plum confections, surpassing vinegar plums, anchovy plums, and even wasabi plums.
- Sugar plums can be fairies, and they really like to dance. (Thanks, alonewithcats).
- One version of the Beatles song “A Day in the Life” begins with the words “Sugar Plum Fairy”. (Thanks to Nurse Myra from Gimcrack Hospital, which is often NSFW)
- A sugar plum dropped from the Empire State Building would hit the ground in about 9 seconds.
- “Mural pugs” is an anagram of “sugar plum”.
- “Pug morals” is not an anagram of “sugar plum”.
- The Sugar Plum Fairy once visited Alton Brown in an uncharacteristically annoying Good Eats segment.
- A sugar plum by any other name would taste as sweet.
- In the game of Twenty Questions, sugar plums are categorized as “vegetable”.
- In The Nutcracker, the role of the Sugar Plum Fairy is traditionally played by a ballerina, not an actual sugar plum.
2 thoughts on “Sugar Plum Awareness”